June 3, 2013

Facing down my fears

Ladies and gentlemen, I have something important to tell you.

I made my own pie crust!

All by my big-girl self following the instructions in Martha Stewart's lovely book: Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts: 150 Recipes for Old-Fashioned and Modern Favorites. You will note there is no photo of said pie (rhubarb crumble and it was very delicious). That is because the pie is not Pinterest perfect or Martha marvelous. But it was yummy and the crust functioned as a crust ought to (well, mostly, I should have made the edge a bit higher).


So just think, I've started sewing and quilting, I've gotten over my fear of yeast and happily bake two loaves of bread every week, and now I made my own pie crust. Seriously, people, what can be next for me?! I can only imagine!

On to new creative adventures with a brave heart, an inquiring mind, and daring fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Who doesn't love pie? I have this book and it's fabulous....perhaps you need to borrow it: http://www.amazon.com/Year-Pies-Seasonal-Tour-Baked/dp/1454702869/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1370310368&sr=8-7&keywords=Pie

    ReplyDelete