April 7, 2010

Cucake conundrum

So I wanted to top the birthday cupcakes with something cute. Bright butterflies or festive flowers or some such thing. Do you think the bakery aisle offered anything other than crusty pastel roses? No. So I perused etsy.com and saw that many crafters out there have made their very own cupcake toppers (See? The item I desire even has an official name!).

Then the thought came to me: I'll just make my own! We've got toothpicks and heaven knows I've got craft supplies!

1. Paper punch
A cool UICA poster I saved from Library bulletin board discards.


2. Teeny tents
I learned the ways of x-acto knives and self-healing mats while in school for graphic design. Now they're crafting buddies!


3. Spray adhesive
Another graphic design friend. Yes, this was in the dark in the driveway. I had to keep moving to keep the motion sensor light on. When you've got an idea and a deadline you don't always wait!

4. Hot glue
Basic assembly with toothpicks.


5. Tah-dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment