November 7, 2012

Renegade Craft Fair – I never saw it before!

One more post about the Renegade Craft Fair and then I am done talking about it. Until I go again. Which, given my spending this time around, might not be for quite a while!

I once thought I should buy myself a piece of art every year for my birthday. Well, I bought 5 at Renegade alone. So, yes, I should rein myself in and actually get things up on the wall! Anyone else out there have pieces waiting to be hung?

So people, here are some totally awesome things that I have never seen the likes of before. I always admire artists who come up with something unique.

Stanley the Stegosaurus by The Plaid Penguin

Dinosaur planters by The Plaid Penguin
So after the fact I had a few people tell me they have seen these before. Since this was my first encounter with them, the fine folks of The Plaid Penguin get credit from me. There is something very perfect about pairing spiky succulents with spiky plastic creatures. Fun!

Terrarium Teardrop Necklace by With Roots

Jewelry by With Roots
It's beautiful and it's alive. People, you know this is right up my alley! I love nature and I really do think moss is beautiful. So how lovely to wear a tiny little terrarium? I wonder if you have to store it in a place where it gets sun? I am thinking my dark closet does not qualify! Ok, just checked on that. They do indeed need some moderate sunlight.

The Night Job by Lisa Swerling

Detail of The Night Job by Lisa Swerling

Lisa Swerling's Glass Cathedrals
These lovely sparkly boxes with teeny tiny figurines posed in moments that make us human are simply magical. So lovely and amazing and dear and sometimes a bit funny. I just loved them. Please take some time to browse this artist's site.



No comments:

Post a Comment