September 23, 2013

stuffed balls big…

I've been on a kick with the stuffed balls lately (as found in Sew What You Love: The Easiest, Prettiest Projects Ever). They are fairly easy to sew – or at least I can say I get better and better sewing curves with each one I do! – and they make lovely gifts. And I really get a kick out of mixing and matching the fabrics.

This giant one uses the fabrics found in a friend's nursery. A lovely use of scraps if I do say so myself.


And of course I had to make another one for my own girlies. It is big enough to use as a footstool!



A note about stuffing these babies: I've read you need to stuff things like this until they are firm. And I've always thought "oh, that isn't soft or squishy enough." Well, I've come around to the camp of stuffing and stuffing and then stuffing a bit more. They keep their shape so much better when they are just bursting through.

No comments:

Post a Comment