February 7, 2014

A sweet winter surprise


I have a row of pots on my upstairs windowsill. The cold makes them sad and the plants are merely biding time until spring. No one seems to have the energy for much growing. I've got baby spider plants and baby basil stalks that I thought I would experimentally attempt to overwinter. And in that basil pot I also have a renegade morning glory. I decided to let her stay too although I have to gently untwine her tendrils from her neighboring basil on occasion.



My clemency has been rewarded in the form of a purple blossom brightening this grayest of seasons. A beautiful morning gift.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful gift to see with gray sky and snowflakes behind it in the window! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing it with me on your blog
    XO

    ReplyDelete