March 24, 2014

I want to make one: belly cast!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/476466835549107051/

http://blossomingbeginnings.blogspot.com/2012/02/belly-cast.html?m=1

Since I'm sporting a beautiful baby belly of my own these days, you certainly can't be surprised I would be interested in making a belly cast. I just did one for a friend a few weeks ago (twins! surely a once-in-a-lifetime experience?!) and am looking forward to doing mine when I am gloriously grown at the very end of my pregnancy.

There a zillion crazy ways people have decorated them (look on Pinterest). Some are gorgeous and some are just… odd. My current vision is to cover mine with pressed leaves and flowers, all green and summer. This baby will be born in the summer and my others were born in spring. And certainly the metaphor of "growth" is more than appropriate?

The first image above was the closest thing to what I had in mind since it uses dried flowers and leaves. I want my covered though, overlapping lushness. I keep pictures lacy ferns growing upwards. I think lots of Mod Podge will be called for! The second image above uses fake flowers but is covered more solidly. I wonder if I could securely attach a dried flower that was left more dimensional like that?

My poor husband wants to know what the heck I am going to do with it. I have reassured him I will hang it downstairs in my art room. It will be art for my very own self to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment