September 12, 2011

surprising succulents!

Is it just me? Or has anyone else noticed that succulents are popping up everywhere? I posted about this great birdbath planted with them earlier this summer. My sister-in-law sent me a link to some instructions on making a so-called "living frame" and then my mom pointed out that very same idea in a recent Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. They've even posted the how-to instructions on their website. I think this may just fulfill my need for "new" while I maintain all my existing gardens. And of course, I couldn't help but notice and admire some impressive containers at a recent visit to the Meijer Gardens. The shapes and textures are amazing plus I hear they're a hardy bunch of plants. Bonus! Beautiful and hard to kill. They're in!

From the Better Homes And Gardens August 2011 issue


From the Better Homes and Gardens September 2011 issue
Buy these pre-made planters from artmatters.com




Succulent planters at the Meijer Gardens

Now I have to keep my eyes peeled for just the right frame next time I am out treasure hunting (thrifting!). I am going to have to think about what color I migth want to paint the frames as well. Something bright that pops?  A shade of green or purple to complement the plants within? Natural and weathered? Metallic? Oh the options!

No comments:

Post a Comment