May 29, 2013

A to Z at the Grand Rapids Public Library!


I recently completed a very fun project at work: a new exhibit entitled The Grand Rapids Public Library Archives A – Z.

Every once in a while I get to design an exhibit that is curated by the staff of the Grand Rapids History and Special Collections Department. The staff did a spectacular job of picking and choosing all sorts of interesting bits out of our archives, one for each letter of the alphabet. I have always wanted to do an A to Z annual report but I think this was an equally fun project to work on.

The big boards will be on display at the Main Library through the end of this year. There is also a brochure version of the exhibit which is turning out to be a darn popular print piece.


Past exhibits I had the honor of designing include this one on the history of football in Grand Rapids (which was actually very interesting and I am seriously not an athlete or a sports fan!) and another on women in Grand Rapids.

No comments:

Post a Comment