July 24, 2013
I'm curious about Marüshka
I know I've seen it. I've loved it. It's bold, graphic, inspired by nature, and by now considered vintage. I think my aunt has one or two. I just never knew the name – Marüshka.
Marüshka is the name of a local silk screen company founded in 1971 right here in west Michigan (Grand Haven to be exact). I love the story of Richard Sweet, the founder, a high school art teacher who quit his job to follow his passion and start the company. I've seen prints hanging on walls and I know there was clothing but I am also told there was fabric you could buy – how cool would that be?!
Want to know more?
• A blog devoted to Marüshka prints
• A post by Apartment Therapy
• Introduction to Marüshka by Study Hall
Want to buy some?
• Limited edition reprints by a company called Study Hall
• Marüshka Handprints – offering clothing