January 29, 2014

Fabric with no purpose


Thanks to my sister and my mama, I indulged in some fabric shopping recently. What joy to my heart! I bought fabric by artists and designers I love and I have no plan for it. Only a birthday gift can be so frivolous. Of course, I am sure that someday I will make them into something beautiful. Just give me time.

Here's a tour for those who are fellow fabric fanatics.

The group on the left is from the Garden Party and Drawing Room collections by Anna Maria Horner. I follow her blog here. I bought them from Mountain of the Dragon on etsy.

The four in the center are called Alegria and they are by illustrator Geninne D. Zlatkis. They might look familiar to you because they are the very same birdies I did the sunroom curtains in! I love/adore Genine's blog and highly recommend it and her beautiful peek into her art and her life in Mexico. I bought these from Blije Olifantje on etsy. I should mention that Genine herself has a shop on etsy too. Strange to think I have yet to buy a piece of her artwork!

The one tucked up in the upper right corner of the photo was found by patiently scrolling through page after page of search results for "feather fabric." You know I love feathers and birdies! This fabric is also done by an illustrator: Katherine Codega. She sells her own work on etsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment