January 17, 2014

Ice leaves!


We, along with many other parts of the country, have been experiencing some amazing winter weather. During the first ice storm I grabbed my camera and carefully walked around the loops assuming there would be something interesting to see. And by carefully, I mean that I had my Yaktraxon (although I have to admit they weren't much help this slick gloss of ice) and I always kept one foot firmly in the snow, off the sidewalk. I am sure I was a sight to see.

My best discovery was the ice-coated oak leaves. They were falling off of the trees while I was out and their thin shells were cracking apart when they hit the sidewalk. Then I realized oak leaves already on the ground had intact coatings. I carefully peeled one off and held in my hand a crystal leaf. So lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment