June 15, 2011

Quilt gifts!

Some of my favorite gifts received in this new-baby season have been quilts.

The first is a family-sized quilt perfect for snuggling under and watching movies. It just so happened to match my basement TV room which is already black, white, gray, and red. I also love the fact that it incorporates scrap fabrics. In fact, I had been thinking I should create a quilt for that room myself. Check that one off the list!

The woman who made it for us is very casual in her approach. I once heard her say she works on a quilt until she runs out of fabric. The exact size is not so important to her and I don't necessarily think she follows patterns. I like that attitude! No pressure for perfection, just a very functional piece of art in the end.



The other one that I am going to share is inspired by Eric Carle (check out his blog!), one of my favorite children's book illustrators. There's a line of fabric created using his distinct illustrations. This play quilt was custom created for my little one by KTjDesigns. She does beautiful, colorful quilts and other lovely baby goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment