February 4, 2013

What I'm reading…

Hello there, dear readers. Sorry about the lapse last week. I have been in the mood for scrapbooking (scissors and paper and tape) and photobooking (Snapfish) and neither of those activities make good posts. And I am getting ready for – or awkwardly in the middle of – some other projects. So this week I will just give you a peek into what's been going on. More details to come in the future!

All off the new shelf at the library (of course!):


We Love Color: 16 Iconic Quilt Designers Create with Kona Solids 
And you all know I very much love color! Although I am not about to start a new quilt (yet) I was very impressed with these made just from solid colors. They were striking and some of the quilting was very impressive.


Terrarium Craft: Create 50 Magical, Miniature Worlds 
Totally was not seeking out this book. But there it was! Truly magical and definitely on my future to-do list. Awesome use of fascinating objects in these these masterpieces – shells, rocks, sands, even pretties like beads and vintage jewelry.


This Is Not My Hat 
This isn't a crafty book but it is inspiring all the same. I really love this illustrator (Jon Klassen). This latest title shares the same hint of dark humor as his previous book I Want My Hat Back. For a craft-related read I would recommend the magical knitting story, Extra Yarn, that he also illustrated.



No comments:

Post a Comment