April 23, 2014

playing with pink patches!


 Hello, blog friends!

I've been away from the blog for a while. I am proud to say that at least I have been busy crafting in the meantime. My husband has observed that I seem to binge on crafting. Although that sounds terribly unhealthy there is some truth to that! I tend to get kind of obsessed for a while and really go full throttle. Then I report everything on this blog all at once (or at least I write it that way!) and then ignore the blog for a while.

Because my dear husband was off over spring break I was really able to dive into the projects. And once I got in painting mode it seemed like a fine time to continue with painting projects I had thought about but never done. Plus, I've really gotten going on the younger daughter's quilt. So lots of good stuff coming up.

Most of the quilt is going to be made of 8-inch squares but I wanted to toss some patchwork squares into the mix. My older daughter helped me design these. I had a lot of fun with it and was able to use up some smaller scraps.




As you can see, I favored doing two sets of two (so only two fabrics each patch). However, this wacky one did make it into the quilt too:




No comments:

Post a Comment