October 3, 2011

I'm dreaming of a pink birdbath...

...just like the ones I've never seen...

The late-summer colors in my garden seem to belong to a pinky-purple color family I quite enjoy. It got me thinking that it would be great to have a glazed ceramic birdbath in that color. Of course, I don't know if such a thing even exists. I have only seen blue, green, and red.


 The morning glories seem to fade from their blue-purple shade to a pink-purple shade. And the rain seems to have made them kind of mottled.

The phlox is still blooming and still smelling lovely. How wonderful to have a long-lasting flower well into September.

 This is a baby foxglove. I am not sure why it has rebloomed in late September.

This is a toad lily, one of my new plants. I was quite surprised to see it blooming. I sincerely hope it doesn't think that spring has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment