October 22, 2012

Halloween mantel & mirror


I figured I better post this early enough for someone to do something with any inspiration they might derive from seeing it!


The mantel features a few new things for me: 

The round mirror
I bought this mirror at IKEA with grand intentions of putting it in my garden like this. Well, I never really felt like I had the perfect spot and it hung in my garage for an embarrassingly long time. I was getting ready to put up Halloween things and I thought it would like nice, especially with the black frame. I actually like it a lot in this spot and it certainly feels good to make use of something I already own!



The ceramic pumpkins
Only 50¢ each at a garage sale this summer! They have such lovely expressive faces. They are hollow in back so I think they originally served as planters of some kind. I am going to keep my eye out for more of a similar size as I especially like how they look sitting in a row.


The little ceramic ghostie
I picked up this little cutie just a few days ago at a thrift store for 99¢. I think I am particularly fond of ceramic holiday items because I grew up with them. Once upon a time my mom took ceramic classes and finished and painted various items that populated our home around the holidays.

The greeting cards and the framed monsters are things I use every year. Both are easy and inexpensive and very flexible as they can be placed on virtually any surface. I focused on using the card with black silhouette designs to play off of the black edge of the mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment