April 10, 2013
Whereupon I complete winter tablerunner in the spring…
At long last I have completed my winter-themed table runner! The one I envisioned for use in January and February. That seems to be how it goes with me and my projects!
I made some serious binding blunders. No fault of the lovely binding instructions I was following from blogger Crazy Mom Quilts. I would go into detail but then I would have to explain what exactly I was thinking when I did what I did and I can't say I am very sure. I think part of my problem was that I was referencing a second set of instructions from a book. I guess the important thing is that I rescued the project and still have a functional table runner in the end.
I ended up doing the quilting just around the little red squares and then around the border. This is fairly minimal but I think it works for this design. I have yet to get all brave and freehand and twirly with my quilting designs. Someday perhaps!