May 12, 2010

You know you want to see it!

Saturday was a perfectly crappy day to go to the Gardens but I really have been itching to see the new Chihuly exhibit so I said "let's just go anyway." We're members thanks to a lovely Christmas gift so it's quite easy to go any old day and not have to do it all. I figured we could at least see the glass that was inside.

The blue-purple flowers become a part of the art.
The gray sky looks good in this photo!

I love these "bowls."

Amazing! How did they get those up there? Easily the most pleasant surprise of our visit.

Glass within glass.

Reflected in the water.

I absolutely can't wait to get back there on a sunshiney day and explore the grounds. I know there's more to see! The exhibit is up through the end of August. Don't miss it!

Find more information on Chihuly and his work on artsy.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment